Measuring for Blinds
Blinds can sit either inside or outside a window recess. It’s important to decide which you want before taking your measurements.
- Measurements must be in full centimetres. Where your measurement falls in between two whole centimetres, always round down to the nearest centimetre (eg, for a measurement of 70.5cm, record 70cm).
- It is always a good idea to double check any measurements before placing your order.
Inside a Window Recess
- Measure the width at the top, middle & bottom of the recess. If there is a difference, record the smallest measurement and deduct a further 1cm to ensure that the blind does not snag on the recess when lowered.
- Measure the length at both sides and middle of the recess. If there is a difference, order using the smallest measurement to ensure the blind hangs freely. Please note that for the drop measurement you do not need to deduct anything from the shortest measurement.
Outside a Window Recess
If you would like your blind to be fitted outside the recess, please follow the measuring guide below:
- Measure the width at the top and the bottom of the window recess. Take the largest measurement and add a minimum of 5cms each side (10cms in total) for the blind to overlap the window.
- Measure from the required position above the window (we recommend approximately 6cms) down to the required length.